Sunday, July 11, 2010

I've been quiet lately

Quiet, but not sitting around.

I spent some time polishing a set of old Vette valve covers for a friend. They're pretty cool as they are the early model staggered bolt pattern units that fit 57 and earlier engines only.

I'm going to take a break from polishing for a while. My methods and equipment are not ideal for this stuff. I need to do some research to figure out what I need to do to make my efforts more efficient. I don't know if I need different equipment or just a different approach for my efforts.





I also bought a new work truck. It's a beater that I got from a kid in Weatherford off of Craigslist. It's actually a retired Tri-County Electric Co-Op truck. Big block, 4L80E, 4.11 gears and cold air conditioner. I needed this to pull my trailers with. I've been letting way too many good deals pass by due to not being able to haul stuff home on a trailer.

This is the Craigslist picture. I've since done a lot of clean up and detail work to it. Pictures of all that will be forthcoming. I'm following a strict budget on this truck. So far with some new body parts, freshening up the interior, and some mechanical work I'm up to 3000 dollars invested in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment