Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wagon progress

It's not real noticeable in the pictures, but I got a good bit of work done to the wagon today.

I cut the axles to length and drilled the ends of them for cotter pins to hold the wheels on. Then I welded the axles to the undercarriage trucks and powdercoated them in argent silver.

I also built a new handle out of 5/8 bar stock. It's nine inches longer than the original to make it easier for a tall adult to pull without having to stoop over. It's powdercoated in the same argent powder as the undercarriage.


I also signed up for blacksmith classes. I'm going to get to learn how to hammer on red hot iron and make pretty things out of it. I hope to take my sculpture to a higher level with the skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment