Sunday, November 22, 2009

I love this stuff

I had to do a massive powdercoating job today for one of my friends, but I did get a few hours of time for my own stuff.

The old gas tank was cruddy inside and had barnacles floating around inside of it. So, I flushed it real thoroughly with water/ muriatic acid mix to get all the gunk out. Then, scrubbed the outside extensively with acid and a scotchrite to get it ready for powdercoating. It's outside in the oven right now cooking for a few hours to make sure it's free of all acid and water.

This kind of project is pure joy for me. I can't get enough of it. I just wish it didn't get dark so I could work more hours in a day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Buddy,
    I need a set of Inline 6 motor mounts & perches for my 66 C-10. Can you help? Email me : laxmechanicATyahoo.com

    ReplyDelete