I spent the day working on the dually. I figure if I don't get something on the road soon I will become known as "the dude who used to build old stuff". I may work 10 hours a day, 365 days a year on something, but if it doesn't ever get onto the road, you haven't accomplished a thing.
Anyway, I spent about 8 hours working on the electrical system of the dually.
-Repaired headlights. Cleaned all connections thoroughly, applied dielectric grease to all connections, replaced dimmer switch (7 dollars)
-Repaired brake lights. Cleaned all connections and applied dielectric grease to all of them.
-Replaced passenger door with a used one I bought at the swap meet yesterday.
-Repaired horn. It was a bad horn. Luckily I had kept a used one off of some truck I parted out in the past. The British call horns "Klaxons".
Basically, I'm working down a punch list of repairs until it's ready for the road. Next comes front brakes, grease all suspension parts, repack wheel bearings, and, hopefully, tires.