Sunday, June 28, 2009

The swap meet Gods were good to me...

I scored some killer deals at the swap meet this weekend. Didn't sell much, but I priced my stuff high anyway I don't mind taking it back home with me.

-Two cherry front fenders for the truck for 80 bucks. Worn original paint, no rust patching needed
-An Edelbrock SB3x intake manifold for the 327 for 40 bucks. It's a killer old school hop-up part made in the mid 60s.
-A real sturdy Wilton US made bench vise for 20 bucks.

and, last but not least, a Pleasure Chest. This has nothing to do with bewbies. A different kind of pleasure chest if you will. Ten bucks...




For the slower students in the class, it's a vintage ice chest. Metal inside and out. Real metal hinges that last, and a drain on the side to empty the melted ice water. I figure it to be from the 60s era. Someone correct me if they know a better time frame for these old things. I'm pretty sure the Chinese shit sold at retail stores nowadays won't fare the test of time as well as this thing has.

No comments:

Post a Comment